Tips to achieve a healthy head of red hair and maintain it:
- Make sure you follow the instructions that came with the red hair dye
- Don’t leave the dye on longer than the time specified for the color to develop
- Use high quality shampoos, conditioners and serums specifically made for red hair after your hair has been dyed
- Use warm water to wash your hair, NOT hot water. If you can wash it in cold water that would be even better
- Don’t over wash your hair
- Don’t dye it again in a short period of time, if you do it will damage your hair even more
- If you’re straightening your hair, use heat protection spray
Check out the video below by naseemdelan, take a look at the video a see how she keeps her hair red!
Here are some products specifically for red hair aftercare:
Here’s another red hair aftercare video by SecretLifeOfaBioNerd for tips about maintaining your red hair!